New Course in East Wallingford, VT

ZPodhorzer

New Course in East Wallingford, VT

Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:07 am

Greetings GMDGC Community Members!

I am writing to let you all know that a couple of months ago, just before everything froze up, a new course was assembled here in East Wallingford, VT (about 20-30 minutes south of downtown Rutland). With the help of many locals down here we have 18 Baskets in the ground on my family's property with ample space to tweak and expand the course. There is even enough space to easily expand to 27 holes. Some quick Info:

Baskets: mix of Mach IV and V
Par: 58
Tee Pads: Grass/Dirt
Description:It is a very hilly course that we've designed to push you to use every type of throw you know and hopefully get every disc you have out of your bag and in the air. You'll see the expected narrow wooded fairways, but thanks to two existing meadows you'll also get a chance to rip some plastic and watch the wind toy with your discs.

That all said, we've had little to no snow cover here and had some great winter rounds. As we learn the course we are already planning some big changes with the hope of pushing the course up to at least a Par 60 if not higher. We would love to get more thoughts on the course as we move it forward - from experienced VT course designers to casual players.

Until the layout is finalized there are no signs so you will need a tour guide. You can contact me at Zachary.Podhorzer@gmail.com or 802.855.3514 and we can schedule some rounds. If I'm not available there are a few locals I can put you in touch with that know the course and would be happy to be your guide as well.

Looking forward to seeing you all for the GMPS Tourneys again this spring and hopefully seeing you in East Wallingford sooner than later!

be well & much love,

Zach

jspring

Re: New Course in East Wallingford, VT

Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:14 pm

Sounds awesome! Nice work, can't wait to play it. Do you know what the total distance is?

ZPodhorzer

Re: New Course in East Wallingford, VT

Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:26 am

Great question Jeff. I don't have a total distance yet for two reasons.

1. It would have to be an inexact GPS measurement or a lot of time spent with a tape measure.
2. Over the winter I've been scouting more lines further into the property and there are some big changes coming.

so once those changes are made I plan on getting more exact distances. For what it is worth, it is about a 2.3 mile walk including the distance from basket to next tee. Most of those distances are under 60 feet with only 2 or 3 at 60-100.