Town of Charlotte has approved 9 Hole Course

rsteele

Re: Town of Charlotte has approved 9 Hole Course

Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:27 am

Here is an update on the progress on the Charlotte Beach Course. All winter and spring I cut brush to make way for the course. I have burned several large piles that were out in the open. Yesterday, Teacher's Tree Service of Charlotte donated their crew and chipper to clean up about half of the brush piles in the wooed area. They did a great job, and I am hoping that they can do another session to chip the rest. A fund raising campaign has started to purchase baskets, and has received some donations as of now. Anyone interested in making a contribution is encouraged to contact recreation commission chairman Bill Fraser-Harris billandeva@gmavt.net
An updated map of the course appears below. Once the funds are raised for the baskets they can be installed, and play can begin. Things will be rather bare bones at first, with refinements being made over time.
Cheers,
Rich

rsteele

Re: Town of Charlotte has approved 9 Hole Course

Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:27 am

Greetings from Charlotte,
Three years later, all the baskets are in place at Charlotte Beach course. Nine holes - all par 3. The course is suited for beginner to intermediate players. Course starts to the left of the volleyball court. Arrows below baskets indicate the way to the next tee. There is a fee to park at the beach from Memorial Day to Labor Day, so carpool and save.